So its been a hot minute since I've posted here on the old bolg.  Been on the end of the season grid to get last minute shots and build my stack for the mag, potential advertisers and clients alike.  Its been an interesting winter and an even more interesting spring.  The weather has been a real issue this year.  We've had tons and tons of snow but not a lot of sun.  Sometimes as few as two days in a single month.  This makes things really tough, but all in all it has been a hell of a year, and I'm getting excited for it to start winding down. After Silverton, my last post,  I spend a few weeks at home getting caught up on some work for two seperate clients.  I then set back out on the road for a quick SLC to Jackson and then back home road trip.  The plan was to meet up with a People Crew consisting of co-founder and filmer Pierre Minhondo and riders Aaron Biittner, Lauri Heiskari and Heikki Sorsa for a quick two day mission.  I got in late due to, you guessed it, weather, and met the crew just as they were about to hit a jump.....in a blizzard. I think they had just gotten to the point that they couldn't wait any longer.  When you wait two weeks because of weather sometimes you gotta just go out an make it happen.

Biitnner, Heikki and Lauri hiking

The next day was bluebird and the crew had built the "Hip of Love" a few days back so that was our objective.  The 40" of fresh snow that fell the last few days quickly turned to mush as the day progressed and it looked like spring was here.  Well perhaps but I'm not holding my breath.

Looking down Little Cottonwood Canyon at Snowbird

The crew, hiking up to the 'Hip of Love"

After a sick session, the snow was beat and it was time to move on and try my luck in Jackson, but not before I could say hello to my good friend TJ who is a recent transplant from CO to SLC.

It was like summer in SLC, so why not shotgun some beers!

SLC Hood

The next morning it was off to Jackson.  The snow report was good and it was looking like it should be well worth the trip.  Lonnie Kauk had driven down from Whistler and Mark Carter and Kevin Jones were already in Jackson so it was going to be a sick crew.  Upon arriving I found out the snow sucked and that we needed to check another zone the next day.  Well, all in all, it ended up sucking.  The 40-50" of fresh snowthat had fallen in the previous few days had already crusted over and it was a total bust.  Driving the 9 hours back to Breck was mellow compared to Lonnie's 18 hours down from Whistler that he was going to repeat immediately in reverse flow.  Nothing worse then going home empty handed.  Well almost empty handed...

We made the best of it with some crusty pow turns

Big L contemplating his 18 drive back to Whistler....